Sunday, July 24, 2005

Without Love We Have Nothing

Ignorance that a problem existed or that we contributed to it does not make us bad people. We simply didn't know. Who teaches us to take responsibility for everything?

Yet this is our burden - and our blessing - in living on this earth.

Once we become aware that a problem exists we can take responsibility for it and, through God's guidance, become part of the solution.

Blaming others or ourselves never helps. Guilt never helps. Dumping our problems on God doesn't help. Doing nothing until we feel the consequences and feel "punished" doesn't help.

As 1 Corinthians 4:21 asks: What do you want? Shall I come to you with a rod, or in love and a spirit of gentleness?

Only love heals all things.

1 Corinthians 13:1-7:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.


With love our lives can be profound tools of healing and we will know joy.

Let us be God's love today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Site Counters