Thursday, May 11, 2006

Da Vinci Cartoon

I cannot resist linking to this droll cartoon about the Da Vinci Code.

Having done that, however, I'm still going to go see the film. I feel myself wedded to God and the Spirit of Christ within me. I don't need to protect my beliefs or fight over doctrine. I hope you feel the same.

Personally, I think those who are angry and fighting to suppress The Da Vinci Code either have subconscious doubts about their own beliefs (and are afraid of being wrong) or they have fears of losing their followers, losing their power over their followers and losing their followers' tithes.

Notice that no one is angrily trying to stamp out traditional views of Jesus. There is no anger behind The Da Vinci Code. But it does illuminate how badly women have been maligned by the Church since the third century.

Fighting over religious doctrine - as opposed to debating or discussing ideas and the research one has uncovered which seems to support them - is counter to the beliefs we say we have: Jesus' teachings of love, turning the other cheek, blessing "the enemy."

Indeed the fact that the worst atrocities have been perpetrated by religious sects fighting over whose doctrine is correct does not deter us from putting up our fists (or suing others) over what they think.

Please let's grow up as Christians, stop acting like bullying children and move on...

Teach me good judgment. Psalms 119:66

Agree with thine adversary quickly, while thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge. Matthew 5:25

With what judgments ye judge, ye shall be judged. Matthew 7:1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Site Counters