Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Relax Into Joy

Summertime and let the picnics begin!

How we look forward to summer, to school and work vacations, to throwing on a pair of shorts and going out to dig in the garden or go for a bike ride.

These are the easy days and we always look forward to co-existing with Mother Nature without having to bundle up against her.

Likewise, I'm going to throw off my mantle of seriousness - or try to - and offer a few thoughts that can help us all enjoy the summer.

For instance, are the kids a little loud; does it seem like, sometimes, their laughter is too much? Wouldn't it be great to just be able to join in and be silly with them, instead of resisting? Try this prayer when you're feeling "on the edge" and see if it helps get you back into fun.

Giggles Echo Through My Home

Dear God,

Giggles echo throughout my home
And laughter is my visitor.

Hilarity doubles us up
And smiles pop up throughout our day.

In this precious home it is safe to laugh
And speculate about silly things;
For we value fun here
And nothing is so serious that a joke cannot be made.

For grins improve our health
And humor heals us.

By Your Grace,
You who are closest to us in laughter and tears,
You awaken love filled glee within me
And my family.

We relax into joy
And enjoy good humor
Today
And throughout all our days.

I open to the sound of laughter
As giggles echo throughout my home.

Amen.

adapted from Prayerforce: 365 Days To A New Life
Therefore will I play before the Lord. 2 Samuel 6:21

Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing. Psalms 126:2

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. Proverbs 17:22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Site Counters