Sunday, August 20, 2006

On Blessing Your Work

Do you love your work? Do you get along well with everyone? If another person is in a bad mood, do you just let it go, or do you let it ruin your day?

Do you complain about what is going wrong? Or do you make the best of it, look for the "silver lining" and praise what is going right?

Do you find fault with your co-workers? Or do you look for the good in them?

Since we spend so much time at work, it's vital that we approach our work with the right attitude so we create positive experiences.

Why? Because good experiences at work will positively impact our personal lives and everyone with whom we interact. Likewise, unhappy or frustrating experiences are likely to spill over onto those we love and poison our family and friends.

If you have great experiences at work then, chances are, you are already doing what the following prayer says to do.

If you dread going to work, then pray this prayer every day in order to begin to change your internal voices so that you create better experiences.

You will be glad you did.

I Create Positive Experiences At Work

Dear God,

By Your Grace, at work:

- I open to wisdom
- I open to discernment
- I open to revelation.

In the course of my work, I interact with people.
They may be sad, angry, or under pressure.
The fact that another person is unhappy
does not mean I need "catch" that unhappiness.

When a person speaks to me
I note if I feel offense.

Then I remind myself that each person has a magnificent Self
- even if that Self is not being shown to me.

I open to wisdom and I know what to embrace
and what to release.

I choose not to take offense, but to bless the person before me and send him or her love.

Likewise, I bless anything that is going wrong and insist on seeing it with humor,

For I know all things pass, especially if I keep my attitude positive.

Let me realize this: I create more.

Whatever I focus on and embrace, I create more of.

So, by Your Grace, I focus on the positive and release the negative:

I focus on the person who is kind,
I give thanks for the person who is helpful,
And I am both kind and helpful to myself and others.

Thank You, Lord, that I am open to hearing Your loving voice.

As a result, I focus on the positive
I release the negative
And I create positive experiences at work.

And so it is.

Amen.

Adapted from Prayerforce: 365 Days To A New Life
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? Acts 9:6

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called. Ephesians 4:1

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings! Isaiah 52:7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Site Counters