Thursday, September 21, 2006

I Create A New Life

I'm working on a large peace project - an art mural - which is exciting. It's something I've wanted to do for years. In a way, I've created a new life for myself in dedicating my life to this work.

If you would like to dedicate yourself to an abandoned dream about which you once felt passionate, consider creating an "inner movie" in your mind in which you begin, proceed through and accomplish your project or goal. To help create your new life, here's a prayer:

I Create A New Life

Dear God,

I create a new life.

To my old life, I say: I release you.

I release fear of smiling at others.
I release fear of rejoicing when I am happy.
I release fear of being myself
And moving to the song within me.

I create a new life.

To my old life I say: I release you.

I release the things that hurt me.
I release resentments against those who could not love me.
I release expectations that are not for me to fulfill.
I release trying to be like anyone else
and look, instead, to being the best "me" I can be.

I create a new life.
I embrace the Holy Spirit of God
And I am led to what comes next.

To my old life I say: I release you.

I embrace a vision for myself as healed, whole and happy.
I embrace a vision of myself as loving, joyful and creative.
I embrace a vision of myself as loved and fulfilled.
I create a new life in which I am wholly adequate.

I create a new life.

And so it is.
Amen.

From Prayerforce: 365 Days To A New Life

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6

How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace! Romans 10:15

This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God. Philippians 3:13,14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Site Counters