Monday, December 18, 2006

Call On Your Guardian Angel

Fitting in your Christmas shopping around work and family demands can become stressful. Yet, the season is supposed to be a time to reconnect with Spirit and feel peace.

To help you stay focused on your real mission at Christmas - the spreading of love - use this prayer to help you get through the next few days with grace and ease. Remember, your Guardian Angel is always with you, waiting to be acknowledged and called upon for help.

I Am In The Arms Of My Angel

Dear God,

As I drive during these holidays, I affirm I am safe,
for I am in the arms of my Guardian Angel.

In the arms of my Angel
I am guided to be observant,
I never drive when too tired,
And I slow down rather than speed up.

Lord, I know that my purpose in driving
Is the transporting of Your Love,
Not the frantic searching for last-minute gifts.

So, as I shop, fill me with patience and understanding.
If someone is pushing to get by, inspire me to let him go.

Help me remember that this is the time to exchange love

- not horn honks
- not insults
- not insurance policy numbers.

And, in traveling distances to be with family,
I affirm that my Angel keeps me and my family alert.

We allow enough time to get to our destination,
We are sensible and make safe decisions if the weather turns bad,
And we rejoice that we can all be together next year.

During this magical time, I am in the arms of my Guardian Angel.

Thank you, God, for this help and love.

Amen.

adapted from Prayerforce: 365 Days To A New Life
He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. Psalms 91:11

My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths. Daniel 6:22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Site Counters